Warranty & Repairs
Patagonia products are built to endure and support your active lifestyle. All of the materials we use are lab and field tested by the best and toughest in the business. This forms part of our Ironclad Guarantee – if one of our products does not perform to your satisfaction, you may return it to us for repair, replacement, or refund.
Please note: RETURNS PROCEEDURE HEREIN IS FOR AUSTRALIAN PURCHASES ONLY
Step one – complete the paperwork
- Please download and fill out one of our printable Repair Forms.
- If this is a repair request, note any special requests or notes on a separate piece of paper.
- NB: if your garment has sentimental value and you would like it returned, even if it’s irreparable, please make this very clear to us in your letter.
- Garments sent in for repair must be clean; please wash items for repair before mailing or it may be returned unprocessed.
Step two – send it off
- Send your paperwork and your items to Patagonia: Patagonia Repairs & Returns
93 Beach Road
Torquay, VIC 3228
- Please be sure to ship the package with a carrier that can provide tracking and insurance. Patagonia cannot replace packages lost during return shipment if proof of tracking is unavailable.
- If you live close to one of our Patagonia Retail Stores, you may take your return there to have your refund or exchange processed.
How long does the process take?
- We will do our best to process your return or exchange within five business days. See below for how to expedite your request.
- Our policy is to get repairs unpacked, done and back in the mail to you within 10 business days.
Shipping and processing details
Items will be returned to you in a similar fashion as they are received: ground orders will be returned via ground shipping and express orders via express shipping. You may also choose to use an expedited shipping service (such as an AP Express Satchel). Expedited orders will receive priority processing whenever possible, and will be returned to you via an expedited method at no extra charge.
We do our best to process returns and exchanges within 5 business days. Keep in mind that we get backlogged during peak seasons and sales, so it may take longer during those times.
What are the costs involved?
We pay for repairs that we’re responsible for and charge a fair price for repairs due to normal wear and tear.
If the item is deemed irreparable, we may, at our discretion, replace it or send a Gift Card for the last known retail value of the piece. If the garment has sentimental value, and you would like to have it returned to you rather than being issued a credit or replacement, please make this very clear to us in your letter.
Returns & Refunds
If the original purchase was made with a credit card, we will credit the credit card for the returned item(s) upon receipt. The credit card will be charged for the replacement item(s) when shipped. We will need a valid credit card. If we cannot exchange or repair the item to comply with your request, we may, at our discretion, issue a Gift Card. For returns that do not have the original invoice, we will use the last known sale price for its value.