Giant Tahiti or grinding Outer Island reefs, the R1® Padded Big Wave Vest offers critical protection in heavy and hazardous conditions. Built from durable 1mm and 1.5mm neoprene laminated with high-stretch 88% recycled polyester/12% spandex jersey, the formfitting design includes 11 ergonomically patterned 22mm EVA foam panels for upper-body padding and supplemental flotation in high-impact situations. Foam edges around the armholes are skived at 45 degrees for maximum range of motion; flatlock and zigzag sewing construction offers excellent strength and durability; spandex bindings along neck, armholes and bottom hem provide a secure and comfortable fit. Nylon reinforcements at the center-front, back and side provide board short tie-in compatibility.
- 1mm and 1.5mm neoprene laminated on each side to a high-stretch recycled polyester jersey/spandex
- Flatlock/zigzag sewing construction with Tristar 40W and 60W nylon-bonded thread
- Laser cut 420D nylon reinforcements for board-short tie compatibility (one in center front, two on back and side)
- Custom shaped, ergonomically patterned 22mm EVA foam panels (11 total) for padded protection during high impact activity
- Foam edges around armholes are strategically skived at 45 degrees to optimize full range of motion
- 38mm folded spandex binding secured with double-needle coverstitch along neck, arm and bottom hem increase comfort and quality
- 1mm and 1.5mm neoprene laminated with high-stretch 88% recycled polyester/12% spandex jersey
- 549 g (19.4 oz)
- Made in Thailand.