Ginger Sesame Soba Noodles with Wild Salmon
Traditional Japanese noodles with an aromatic, sweet-savory Asian dressing make a delicious and unexpected backdrop for our lightly smoked Salmon. Delicious hot or cold.
SKILL LEVEL: EASY
MAKES 2-3 SERVINGS
- 1 (6 oz.) pouch Patagonia Provisions Lemon Pepper Wild Sockeye Salmon (reserve oil from pouch)
- 1½ cups cooked buckwheat soba noodles
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. sake
- 2 tbsp. mirin rice wine
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1½ tbsp. fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- 2 green onions, sliced thin
- Togarashi Japanese chili pepper powder
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken broth, oil from Salmon pouch, soy sauce, sake, mirin, sugar, sesame oil and ginger. Mix well.
- Reserve half of this ginger-sesame dressing in a separate bowl. To the remaining half, add cooked soba noodles and mix well.
- Top with Salmon and drizzle with remaining dressing.
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds, green onions and Togarashi chili powder.