SKILL LEVEL: EASY
MAKES 12 MUFFINS
- 1 pouch Patagonia Provisions Breakfast Grains (any flavor)
- 1 cup water
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1½ cup all-purpose flour (or 1¼ cup whole wheat flour)
- ¼ cup sugar or 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Fruit Compote Topping (optional: see recipe below)
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a small bowl, combine water and Breakfast Grains. Set aside and allow to soak for 15 minutes.
- Add egg and oil and mix together thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, sugar and baking powder.
- Stir flour mixture into wet ingredients, until just combined (do not overmix).
- Lightly grease muffin tin or line with muffin liners. Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin until ⅔ full.
- Bake until a toothpick or fork stuck into middle of muffins comes out clean, approx. 20 to 25 minutes.
- Let cool for a few minutes before serving. Serve warm or at room temperature, with or without Fruit Compote.
- Small bag frozen mixed berries
- Honey, to taste
Put ingredients in a small pot and heat until berries are warmed thoroughly. Add a squeeze of honey to taste. Drizzle on muffins just before serving.
Customize your muffins by adding any of these to the batter:
- ½ cup chopped nuts
- ½ cup dried fruit
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 tsp freshly grated orange or lemon zest