These savory green lentil falafels were created by chef Tracy On at Patagonia Headquarters. They make a great high protein snack on their own, or packed into pita pockets and drizzled with Greek yogurt.
SKILL LEVEL: EASY
MAKES 2-3 SERVINGS
- 1 pouch Patagonia Provisions Green Lentil Soup
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup canola or vegetable oil
- ½ bunch fresh parsley, leaves only
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
- In medium bowl, combine Green Lentil Soup with 1 cup water and soak for 20 minutes.
- In small pot, preheat oil on medium-high heat.
- In a food processor, pulse the parsley until finely chopped. Use a spatula to scrape down the sides as needed.
- Add soaked Soup to the food processor, then lemon juice and cumin and pulse 5-6 times until lentils have split.
- Add flour and baking soda and pulse until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Using a small ice cream scoop or two spoons, form balls with the lentil mixture.
- Drop balls gently into the hot oil. Work in batches, frying approximately 4-5 balls at a time. Cook for about 3 minutes while rotating the falafels to a golden brown on all sides.
- Transfer onto a plate lined with paper towel. Season with salt and enjoy immediately.