Savory Sofrito Mussel Stew with Bean and Potato
This one-pot wonder—with its delicious medley of potatoes, pinto beans, kale and savory mussels—is the perfect meal for a chilly evening or last-minute dinner party.
SKILL LEVEL: Medium
Makes 3-4 Servings
- 1 can Patagonia Provisions Savory Sofrito Mussels
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 1 link linguica or chorizo sausage, approx. 5 oz., fully cooked and diced (optional)
- 1 medium potato, such as Yukon Gold or Red Bliss, diced
- 1 ¾ cup broth (chicken or vegetable)
- 1 can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups kale, chopped coarse
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
- Heat olive oil in a pot over medium heat. Add onion, linguica and potato. Sauté until onion is translucent.
- Add broth and bring to a simmer. Add pinto beans, kale and Mussels, including the liquid from can. Simmer for approx.10-15 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.