SKILL LEVEL: MEDIUM
MAKES 9-10 small TACOS OR 4-5 small TOSTADAS
- 1 (170g/6 oz.) pouch Patagonia Provisions Lightly Smoked Wild Sockeye Salmon, drained
- 9 to 10 whole-wheat or corn mini tortillas or tostadas (about 10cm/4 in.)
- Pickled Radishes (see recipe below)
- Cilantro Sauce (see recipe below)
- 115g/4 oz. queso fresco or mild fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- Cilantro leaves for garnish
FOR PICKLED RADISHES
- ½ bunch radishes
- Apple cider vinegar
Thinly slice radishes and place in a small jar. Add enough apple cider vinegar to come up halfway, then top with water to cover and stir to mix. Let marinate at least half an hour (if longer, put in fridge). Keeps up to 1 week.
FOR CILANTRO SAUCE
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 cup coriander leaves and tender stems
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- Big pinch salt and a couple grinds of pepper
Blend ingredients in a blender until smooth.
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
- Remove skin from salmon and gently push it apart into fat flakes.
- Wrap tortillas in a damp kitchen towel and microwave 1 minute to heat them. Lay them out on a platter or cutting board. (If you’re using tostadas, no need to warm them up first.)
- Set a few salmon flakes on half of each tortilla (or over whole surface of tostada). Add 4 or 5 slices pickled radishes, a dollop of coriander sauce, some queso fresco, and a few coriander leaves.