A venerated alpine essential, the R1® Hoody remains the optimal hooded midlayer for the full spectrum of mountain endeavors—made with light and breathable Polartec® Power Grid™ for outstanding stretch, compressibility and durability with Polygiene® permanent odor control.
After more than 15 years of cranking, R1® fabric is still the gold standard for alpine efficiency. Its high/low grid interior (Polartec® Power Grid™ polyester) is key to the hoody’s versatility, and the highly refined fabric—the lightest and most breathable iteration ever—remains exclusive to Patagonia. It stretches, traps heat and compresses to practically nothing, with the pared-down but versatile features that climbers and backcountry skiers need: a snug-fitting balaclava-style hood; a minimalist, deep-venting front zipper with a soft zipper garage that keeps your chin comfy; and a variable-conditions cuff with discreet on-seam thumb holes and a spiral-stitch construction so you can push up the sleeves with no ensuing forearm pump. With off-shoulder seams for pack-wearing comfort, a long torso for layering under a harness, an exterior chest pocket and Polygiene® permanent odor control.
- Exclusive to Patagonia, this Polartec® Power Grid™ fabric with Polygiene® permanent odor control is light and breathable with outstanding stretch and durability
- Snug-fitting, balaclava-style hood fits comfortably under a helmet strap; center-front slim zip with a soft kissing-welt zipper garage at chin for next-to-skin comfort
- Raglan sleeves for increased mobility and off-shoulder seaming for comfort under a pack
- Pullover silhouette has deep center-front zipper for quick venting
- One left-chest pocket has slim zip install, zipper garage and mesh pocket bag
- Sleeves have discreet on-seam thumb holes for wrist coverage in cold conditions
- Torso is 1" longer than usual to stay tucked in under a harness or a pack waistbelt
- 6.3-oz Polartec® Power Grid™ 93% recycled polyester/7% spandex with Polygiene® permanent odor control.
- Fair Trade Certified™ sewing.
- Fabric is certified as bluesign® approved
Made in Colombia.